This post is related to the “Symbol” concept, in order to demonstrate the difficulties in the reconstruction of the human mind in prehistoric societies. A design of an artifact that combines simplicity and that is concentrated on essential features is called elegant in our society. The history of Elegance has not been seriously reconstructed till now. Interestingly there is no explicit anthropological theory about this topic. Using the concept of “Elegance” to describe technical solutions of past societies may imply a serious misunderstanding of past mentalities that can not be easily reconstructed.
- MSA Omo Kibish Foliates: The art of Thinning
- Middle Magdalenian with Lussac-Angles points
- Curved and Backed : Azilian / Federmesser of the North European Plain
- Hafting during the late European Middle Paleolithic
- Shouldered Pieces: Signature of interactions around the great Adriatic plain during the LGM
Most Popular TagsAcheulean Acheulian Acheulien Aterian Aurignacian Biface Blade Bronze Age Cleaver Early Upper Paleolithic Epipaleolithic Flint Gravettian Handaxe Homo Sapiens KMG Levallois Levallois-Mousterian Levallois Technique Lower Paleolithic Magdalenian Magdalenien Mesolithic Micoquian Micoquien Middle Paleolithic Middle Stone Age Mousterian Mousterien MSA MTA Natufian Neanderthal neolithic Nubian Complex Oldowan Paleolithics Paleolithique Plaeolithics and Neolithics Quina Shouldered point Sickle Steinzeit stone age tanged point