There are several Paleolithic sites at Evreux (Site I-III; Eure; Normandy), many of them curated at the Municipal Museum. Beside Handaxes of Acheulean typology (one is displayed here) several small middle Paleolithic complexes are also present: MTA and denticulated Mousterian, both with Levallois debitage. They may correspond to short occupations, probably during hunting or during the search for good quality raw material in the vicinity. At Evreux III a “Federmesser” encampement has been excavated.
- MSA Omo Kibish Foliates: The art of Thinning
- Middle Magdalenian with Lussac-Angles points
- Curved and Backed : Azilian / Federmesser of the North European Plain
- Hafting during the late European Middle Paleolithic
- Shouldered Pieces: Signature of interactions around the great Adriatic plain during the LGM
Most Popular TagsAcheulean Acheulian Acheulien Aterian Aurignacian Biface Blade Bronze Age Cleaver Early Upper Paleolithic Epipaleolithic Flint Gravettian Handaxe Homo Sapiens KMG Levallois Levallois-Mousterian Levallois Technique Lower Paleolithic Magdalenian Magdalenien Mesolithic Micoquian Micoquien Middle Paleolithic Middle Stone Age Mousterian Mousterien MSA MTA Natufian Neanderthal neolithic Nubian Complex Oldowan Paleolithics Paleolithique Plaeolithics and Neolithics Quina Shouldered point Sickle Steinzeit stone age tanged point